One person who would like to see the entire original lineup of Guns N’ Rosesinvolved in the upcoming reunion shows is former Guns guitarist DJ Ashba, who exited the group last July after a six-year stint. Asked on Facebook how he felt about the reunion — which so far involves only Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan from the classic lineup — Ashba replied, “I love it for the fans. However, I hope they bring in Steven (Adler), Izzy (Stradlin) and even (latter-day members) Matt (Sorum) andGilby (Clarke)!”
- He added, “I’ve always been a fan of Slash’s playing; that was a big reason why I took the gig!”
- Ashba issued a statement when he left Guns in which he said that working with G N’ R was “the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined.”
- Guns N’ Roses has so far announced six headlining performances in April, including two in Las Vegas and two at California’s Coachella Festival, with Axl, Slash and Duff slated to perform together for the first time in 22 years.
- The rest of the band’s lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, keyboard player Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer are all believed to be involved.
- Rumors persist that Stradlin and Adler, both founding members, may be involved in a limited capacity as special guests. Adler’s replacement, Matt Sorum, is not expected to participate.